- 6 Lebanese or Japanese cucumbers, sliced 1/8 inch thick (or substitute 2 English cucumbers), unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white peppercorns, crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Toss cucumbers and salt in a medium bowl. Mix vinegar, sugar, peppercorns, and water in a bowl. Add to cucumbers. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir in dill just before serving.
Use a mandoline, hand slicer, or truffle shaver to create paper-thin slices of cucumber.