- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat (from one 2-pound lobster), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds golden and red heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 tablespoons salt-packed capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup torn fresh basil
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound dried pennoni giganti, rigatoni, or other short tube-shaped pasta
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes in a small skillet over low heat until garlic turns light gold, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Place lobster, tomatoes, capers, 1/2 cup basil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Stir in garlic mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water, and drain. Meanwhile, mix mascarpone and pepper in a small bowl. Add pasta to lobster mixture. Stir in remaining cup basil, and serve with peppered mascarpone on the side.
If you're pressed for time, substitute precooked (but not frozen) lobster, available at many fish counters.