Everyday Food, January/February 2004
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 4 medium ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- Crumbled cookies, optional, for serving
- Whipped cream, optional, for serving
- In a large pot, bring 2 inches of water to a simmer. In a large heatproof bowl, whisk together milk, egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Place bowl over simmering water; cook, whisking, until thick, 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide bananas among six 8-ounce ramekins (or use a 1 1/2-quart dish). Pour hot-pudding mixture over bananas. Smooth tops, submerging bananas. Cover with plastic, and refrigerate until set, 1 hour or up to overnight. Garnish with crumbled cookies and whipped cream, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.