Everyday Food, January/February 2004
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, halved lengthwise (about 3/4 ounce)
- 4 black-tea bags
- 1 three-inch cinnamon stick
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 cups 2-percent milk
- 1/4 cup honey, or to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine ginger and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add teabags, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, and milk. Steep over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 6 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve. Stir in honey, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.