Polenta with Fresh Corn
Fresh corn kernels add texture and a fresh taste to the polenta.
Photography: BEATRIZ DA COSTA
Martha Stewart Living, October 1998
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pour 2 cups water into a medium saucepan. Add the salt, corn kernels, and milk. Set over high heat, and bring to a boil. In a steady stream, slowly pour in the polenta, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring often, until polenta is very thick, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in the butter and pepper. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.