Shrimp with Scallions and Crispy Potatoes
This slightly spicy shrimp skillet toss is ready in just 30 minutes.
Everyday Food, November 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 baking potatoes (about 1 pound total), scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined frozen shrimp, thawed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add potatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 12 to 14 minutes. Add scallion whites, and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate (reserve skillet).
- Add remaining teaspoon oil, shrimp, and curry powder to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Return potatoes and scallion whites to skillet, and toss with shrimp; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with scallion greens.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.