Large-Batch Homemade Granola
This recipe makes enough to last a month.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2000
- Yield Makes 12 to 14 cups
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups medium diced dried apricots or dried pears
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and honey; set aside. Toss the
oats, coconut, pecans, and sunflower seeds together in a large bowl. Add the oil mixture, and stir
with a wooden spoon until well combined. Pour mixture onto two 13-by-8-inch baking sheets, and
bake, stirring frequently, until the mixture is an even golden brown, 20 to 40 minutes, checking
every 5 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven; let cool, stirring occasionally. Add dried apricots (or pears), golden
raisins, and cranberries; stir to combine.
Store in an airtight container.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.