Everyday Food, September 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes (about 3 pounds), cored and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 8 thin slices
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomato halves, cut side up, on a large rimmed baking sheet. Dividing evenly, top with butter and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Bake tomatoes until tender, 40 to 45 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.