- 30 medium asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 10 slices peppered bacon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (Asian chili sauce)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Separate asparagus into bundles of 3 stalks each. Carefully wrap a piece of bacon around each bundle, starting about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the tip; secure with a toothpick. Transfer bundles to a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Roast, flipping halfway through, until asparagus begin to wilt and bacon is brown, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, chili sauce, lime juice, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; season with pepper. Sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 week.
- Transfer bundles to a platter; remove toothpicks. Serve with dipping sauce.
To keep the bacon from unraveling during cooking, wrap a slice snugly around the middle of the asparagus bunch. Insert a wooden toothpick through the bacon and stalks to secure.