Organic Lettuces with Fig Vinaigrette
Martha Stewart Living, October 2005
- Reserved poaching liquid from Oven-Poached Figs (http://www.marthastewart.com/283092/oven-poached-figs)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 cups salad greens
- Oven-Poached Figs (http://www.marthastewart.com/283092/oven-poached-figs), for serving
- Soft ripened cheeses, (such as Camembert or goat cheese), for serving
- Cook reserved poaching liquid in a small saucepan over medium heat until reduced to consistency of syrup (about 2 tablespoons). Let cool completely.
- Whisk reduced liquid, vinegars, and shallot in a small bowl. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Toss greens with vinaigrette to taste. Serve immediately with figs and wedges of cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.