Pear Cranberry Crisp
This rosy winter crisp is bursting with pears and cranberries.
- 3 very ripe pears, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Enlightened Creme Fraiche (http://www.marthastewart.com/256399/enlightened-creme-fraiche), or vanilla frozen yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pears, cranberries, maple syrup, and lemon juice and toss. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the oatmeal, brown sugar, and flour. Cut in the butter until the consistency resembles coarse crumbs and the dough just barely holds together. Spoon the cranberry mixture into an 8 X 8-inch baking dish and spoon the dry mixture over it.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the topping is brown and crisp. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more, or until the fruit is bubbling. Serve with Enlightened Creme Fraiche or vanilla frozen yogurt.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.