- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 strips lemon zest (each 2 inches long)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender, and puree until smooth. Use immediately, spreading the mixture on the chicken skin.
This marinade works best with a whole chicken cut into pieces or bone-in, skin-on pieces. Marinate the chicken overnight, and then roast, still coated with the marinade, in a 375-degree oven.