Twice-Baked Sour Cream And Chive Potatoes
This side dish goes well with roasted chicken, beef, or pork.
Everyday Food, October 2009
- 8 small russet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup snipped chives (plus more for garnish)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub potatoes with vegetable oil. On a baking sheet, bake until potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- With paring knife, cut a thin slice lengthwise off the top of each potato and discard. Using a spoon, scoop out all but 1/2-inch potato flesh from inside skin. Transfer to a bowl and add sour cream, milk, butter, and chives; mash until combined. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Spoon mixture into potato skins. Bake until lightly browned on top, 20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with more chives.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.