Halloween Blue Cheese Crackers
Use cookie cutters to give crackers a spooky shape for Halloween.
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2009
Yield Makes 25 to 35 crackers
- 4 1/2 ounces Shropshire blue cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until a dough has formed. Transfer dough to work surface and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat; set aside.
- Roll out dough on a floured work surface to 1/8-inch-thick. Cut dough into desired shapes using 1 1/2-to-4-inch cookie cutters, rerolling scraps as you go.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet. Bake until crisp and dark orange, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer crackers to a wire rack to cool.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.