Try one of our shaped icebox-cookie variations:
Almond and Candied Orange Zest Bars
White Chocolate, Hazelnut, and Cherry Triangles
Papaya, Macadamia, and Coconut Triangles
Chocolate, Walnut, and Cranberry Coins
Almond and Ginger Bars
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Yield Makes about 10 dozen
- Spice Cookie Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/296313/spice-cookie-dough)
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied orange peel
- Once the flour is incorporated according to dough recipe, beat in dried cranberries and orange peel. Divide dough into 2 pieces. Shape each into a 10-inch log. Wrap in parchment. Refrigerate until very firm, about 2 hours.
- Slice dough crosswise slightly thicker than 1/8 inch. Reshape if needed. Bake at 350 degrees on parchment-lined baking sheets until firm, 12 to 14 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.