Easy Holly Candles
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Melt 1 cup beeswax chips in double boiler. Make wax bright white by adding half of crayon.
- Using sponge brush, spread several thin layers of wax onto back of a holly leaf.
- While wax is still warm, press coated side of leaf firmly onto pillar.
- Immediately peel off leaf, leaving wax casting on pillar.
- Make berries by dripping wax from brush onto a hard surface until a ball forms. Lift with craft knife, and press onto leaves.
- White or bleached beeswax chips, candlewic.com
- Double boiler
- White wax crayon
- 1-inch sponge brush
- Holly leaves
- Beeswax pillar candles, bigdipperwaxworks.com and creativecandles.com
- Craft knife
Applying wax holly leaves and berries to ordinary store-bought pillars transforms them into a seasonal (and special) gift. This project takes no time at all, and you can easily make multiples.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.