Pine, Magnolia, and Mesh-Wrapped Silver Ball Garland
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Create strands 3 feet longer than the height of the door frame.
- Connect pine branches with floral wire. Use glue dots to attach overlapping magnolia leaves.
- String beads onto silver wire, then slide on mesh, twisting mesh around each bead.
- Knot 8- to 10-inch lengths of silver ribbon at random intervals.
- Attach strands to door frame using monofilament and nails, then weave them together.
- Silver balls
- Vintage silver ribbon, tinseltrading.com.
- Mesh ribbon
Hung loosely around a doorway, playful garlands of pine boughs, magnolia leaves, and mesh-wrapped silver balls work like party streamers, setting a festive tone for holiday merrymaking.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.