Candied kumquats are a colorful addition to these celebratory sparkling drinks.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- 2 pints kumquats, pricked a few times with a pin
- Cold water
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 bottles chilled Champagne
- Tangerine wedges, for garnish
- Place kumquats in a large
saucepan. Cover with cold water.
Bring to a boil. Drain immediately.
- Add sugar and 2 cups water to drained kumquats in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat immediately, and let kumquats and syrup cool completely.
- Spoon 3 kumquats and 1 tablespoon syrup into each of 12 Champagne glasses. Top off with Champagne, and garnish with tangerine wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.