Gruyere Popover Sandwiches with Fried Eggs and Creamed Spinach
The bacon and egg sandwich gets an impressive upgrade with the addition of creamed spinach and Gruyere popovers.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Prep Time 45 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 12
- Gruyere Popovers (http://www.marthastewart.com/296286/gruyere-popovers)
- Unsalted butter, for pan
- 12 large eggs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- <u>Creamed Spinach</u>
- 12 or 24 slices cooked bacon
- Split popovers in half, and toast on a baking sheet under broiler for 2 minutes.
- Working in batches, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat until foamy. Crack eggs into skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Fill split popovers with 1/3 cup creamed spinach, 1 fried egg, and 1 or 2 bacon slices.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.