Who can resist velvety bittersweet, milk, or white chocolate topped with nuts, candy, or dried fruit? Try one of our bark variations below or experiment with your own favorite flavors.Movie Theater BarkCherry and Orange Peel BarkS'mores BarkPeppermint BarkLime and Macadamia Nut BarkPistachio, Dried Cranberry, and Toasted-Coconut Bark
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield Makes six 2 1/2-by-5-inch bars
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Bittersweet, milk, or white chocolate, chopped, according to variation
- Toppings, according to variation
- Coat 6 small loaf pans (2 1/2 by 5 inches) with cooking spray, and line with parchment, leaving an overhang on long sides.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler
or a heatproof bowl set
over a pan of simmering water,
stirring. Divide among pans (3 tablespoons each) and spread in an even layer.
- Immediately sprinkle toppings over chocolate, dividing evenly among pans. Refrigerate
until firm, about 1 hour. Peel off parchment, and break
bark into pieces.
Bark can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.