Try one of our other thumbprint variations:
Candied Orange Peel Thumbprints
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
Yield Makes about 5 dozen
- 1 batch <a href="/recipe/basic-vanilla-dough">Basic Vanilla Dough</a> or <a href="/recipe/chocolate-cookie-dough">Chocolate Cookie Dough</a>
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios or sanding sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in finely chopped nuts or sanding sugar, if using. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each 1 inch apart.
- Press a well into the center of each using your finger. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove from oven, and press well again with handle end of a wooden spoon. Bake until firm, 7 to 9 minutes more.
- Let cool completely. Spoon jam filling into thumbprints.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.