Photography: Formula Z/S
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Winter 2003
- Choose sweets that won't melt or anything that is individually wrapped.
- Open a bag along side and bottom seams. Fill, then bring opposite sides of top together.
- Punch two holes 1/4 inch from edge and 1/2 inch apart; thread seam binding in a whipstitch over the top (thread through one hole, bring it over the top, and thread through the other hole), and knot.
- String twine along low tree branches or along an entrance as a garland; tie in bows. Untie bows when it's time to hand out favors.
- Flat glassine-lined 1/4-pound paper bags
- Seam binding or other ribbon
- A standard hole punch
These pretty bags look festive enough to hang around as decorations before they're handed out as favors.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.