Lip-Smacking Good Cootie Catcher
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Spring 2009
- Download and print the template onto a letter-size sheet of paper and cut out the 8 1/2-inch square.
- With design facing down, fold in half diagonally, then release the fold. Next, fold in half lengthwise and crease. Rotate square for another lengthwise crease.
- With printed side down, fold corners up and inward so that the points meet at the center crease.
- Flip square over and fold one corner inward so that it touches the center crease.
- Fold remaining corners inward so that they meet at the center.
- Flip square over so the words face upward. Fold in half, words facing out, to form rectangle. Insert thumbs and index fingers under flaps and lift to open.
- Pinch to form peak. To play, pick a word (kiss in four languages), and spell it as you move flaps in and out and side to side in time with the letters.
- Then pick a number and move the flaps as you count. Finally, pick a number and open the fortune-teller to reveal whom you should kiss.
- Cootie catcher template
- Letter-size sheet of paper
Pucker up! Everyone can have fun at your reception with this kissing game that puts a lively twist on the cootie catchers you played with as a child.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.