Anytime Oatmeal Cookies
Print our clip art labels and adhere them to an 18-ounce oatmeal canister for easy gift-giving. (And keep a few for yourself, too.)
Bonus: The recipe is printed on the back.
Martha Stewart Living, January 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
Yield Makes about 4 dozen
- 1 cup cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour,
baking powder, baking soda,
cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt
into a bowl. Beat butter and
sugars until pale and fluffy. Mix
in egg and vanilla, then flour
mixture. Mix in oats, then raisins.
- Using a 1 1/4-inch ice cream
scoop (or 1 tablespoon), drop
dough onto parchment-lined
baking sheets, spacing each
scoop about 2 inches apart. Bake
until edges are golden, about
14 minutes. Let cookies cool on
a wire rack.
Cookies can be stored at room temperature for 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.