Greet Thanksgiving guests with a tart and tangy bourbon cocktail. Candied kumquats add a festive garnish.
Also Try: Rosemary Vodka Tonics
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed sour orange juice, plus more for rimming glass
- Granulated sugar, for rimming glass
- Ice cubes
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces kumquat syrup (from <a href="/recipe/candied-kumquats">Candied Kumquats</a>)
- 5 or 6 <a href="/recipe/candied-kumquats">Candied Kumquats</a> halves
- Moisten the rim of two rocks glasses with sour orange juice. Place sanding sugar on a shallow dish and dip rim of each glass in sugar to coat; fill glasses with ice and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice; add orange juice, bourbon, and kumquat syrup. Cover and shake until well combined. Strain into prepared glasses and garnish each with candied kumquats; serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.