Use this chocolate frosting in our Cocoa Buttermilk Cake.
Martha Stewart Living, January 2006
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 18 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Sift sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a large bowl. Put cream cheese and butter into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add sugar mixture; mix until combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Mix in chocolate and sour cream. Use immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.