Pistachio-Covered Cheese Log
Pistachios give appealing texture and eye-catching color to our easy cheese-log appetizer.
Everyday Food, December 2008
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes, plus chilling
- Serves 8
Yield Serves 8
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup coarsely grated sharp white cheddar (4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup shelled unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Crackers, for serving
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, cheddar, Dijon, and Worcestershire until well combined; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate until slightly firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, toast pistachios over medium, stirring frequently, until fragrant and golden, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool.
- Transfer cheese mixture to a piece of waxed paper; using paper, shape into a 6-inch-long log. Cover with pistachios, pressing to adhere. Wrap log in a fresh piece of waxed paper; chill until firm, 1 to 2 hours (or up to 1 day). Serve with crackers.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.