- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 scallions, including green parts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced 1/4 inch thick, or white mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add scallions, mushrooms, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cover, and cook until the vegetables are very soft, about 15 minutes. (The vegetables start out piled high, but they cook down quickly.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables, stir for 2 minutes, then cook for 3 to 4 minutes more. Sprinkle cheese over the frittata, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Cleaning shiitakes: Remove the mushroom stems and discard, then gently wipe the caps with a damp paper towel.