Warm German Potato Salad
Everyday Food Fresh Flavor Fast, 2010
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 slices bacon, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- In a 5-quart saucepan, bring 1 inch salted water to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add potatoes. Cover; cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain; cool slightly, and halve.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; add 3 tablespoons vinegar and mustard.
- Toss with warm potatoes. If desired, season with salt and pepper, and add up to 1 tablespoon more vinegar. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.