- 1/3 cup medium-grind bulgur
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ounce fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a heatproof bowl, mix bulgur with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup boiling water. Cover, and let stand until tender but slightly chewy, about 30 minutes.
- Drain bulgur in a fine-mesh sieve, pressing to remove liquid; return to bowl. Add tomatoes, parsley, shallot, vinegar, and oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss. Top with cheese.
Bulgur is precooked wheat that's been dried and cracked. It has a nutty taste and is sold alongside rice in many supermarkets.