Ribbon Pasta With Pork Ragu and Fresh Sage
Reserved jus is reduced into a sauce to coat long ribbons of pasta (we like mafalde because it holds on to the meat well). The rich flavor of sage is a natural pairing with pork.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2010
- 1 pound ribbon pasta (such as mafalde)
- 2 cups jus, heated and reduced (from <a href="/recipe/braised-pork-shoulder">Braised Pork Shoulder</a>)
- 2 cups <a href="/recipe/braised-pork-shoulder">shredded pork</a>, heated
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, thinly sliced
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook 1 pound ribbon pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving some cooking water.
- Toss pasta with reserved jus, reserved shredded pork, and sage, adding reserved cooking water as needed.
- Divide among 4 bowls. Garnish with finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.