The deep hazelnut flavor and buttery goodness of these cookies belie their simplicity. With five ingredients, these are some of the easiest cookies to make.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
Yield Makes 25
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 11/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnut meal
- Coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Add flour, hazelnut meal, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; beat until dough forms.
- Roll dough into twenty-five 1-inch balls, and transfer to baking sheets. Press balls with a fork to flatten. Bake until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets set on wire racks.
- Cookie dough can be refrigerated for up to 1 day or frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.