Pickled Hot Cherry Peppers
Use to make Maialino chef Nick Anderer's Pollo Alla Diavola.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2010
Yield Makes enough for 4 servings
- 20 hot cherry peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups Champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 dried bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, split peppers lengthwise, but do not cut all the way through peppers, leaving them whole. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil; toss to combine. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until slightly softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine vinegar, 1 cup water, salt, sugar, garlic, peppercorns, thyme, and bay leaf in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour vinegar mixture over roasted peppers and let stand at room temperature until cool. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 days and up to 4 months before using. Bring to room temperature before eating.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.