Emeril's Maitre D'Hotel Butter
Chef Emeril Lagasse's classic compound butter, from his book "From Emeril's Kitchens," adds decadent flavor to his Dry-Aged Rib-Eye Steaks.
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2010
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor; process to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the center of a large sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper; form a log about 1 1/2 inches thick. Fold the wrap over the butter and gently roll to form a smooth cylinder; twist ends to seal.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week. Butter can be frozen for up to 1 month.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.