Photo: Raymond Hom
If making mini berry pies, make two batches of pate brisee. (Do not double recipe.)
Martha Stewart Living, July 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Yield Makes 1 large disk or 2 small disks (enough for three 5-inch pies or one 9-inch pie)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon ice water
- Pulse flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some larger pieces remaining, about 5 seconds.
- Drizzle water evenly over mixture. Pulse until mixture just begins to hold together, about 10 seconds. (Dough should not be wet or sticky.) Press dough into 1 large disk (for mini pies) or 2 small disks (for large pie), and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour or overnight.
Dough can be
refrigerated for up to 2 days
or frozen for up to 3 months.
Thaw before using.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.