Martha Stewart Living, November 2006
Yield Makes enough for one 10-inch quiche
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
- Pulse flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor to combine. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream until dough just holds together (no longer than 30 seconds).
- Shape dough into a disk, and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days). Dough can be frozen for up to 1 month; thaw overnight in the refrigerator before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.