Use this recipe to decorate our Sugar Cookies for the holidays.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar, plus more if needed
- 2/3 cup water, plus more if needed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons meringue powder (<a href="http://www.wilton.com">wilton.com</a>)
- Gel-paste food coloring (<a href="http://www.sugarcraft.com">sugarcraft.com</a>)
- Mix sugar, water, and meringue powder with a mixer on low speed until smooth, about 7 minutes. Icing should be the consistency of glue. (If icing is too thick, mix in a little more water. If icing is too thin, add more confectioners' sugar.) Add food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until desired color is achieved; if making more than 1 color, divide icing and work in batches. Use immediately, or refrigerate for up to 1 week. Stir before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.