Kiwi Summer Roll
Using kiwi instead of shrimp makes this summer roll a perfect vegetarian treat.
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Aleppo chili powder
- 8 round rice-paper wrappers (8-inch)
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water; pat dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, toss noodles with mint and 1 tablespoon honey.
- For the dipping sauce, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons honey, lime juice, chili powder, and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For each roll, soak a wrapper in a bowl of warm water until softened, about 30 seconds. Lift out and transfer to work surface. Lay 1/8 of sliced kiwi, 1/8 of noodles, and 1/8 of peanuts at one end of wrapper. Fold ends in and roll tightly to enclose filling. Cover with a damp cloth until ready to serve. Repeat with remaining rice-paper wrappers. Halve rolls. Serve with dipping sauce.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.