Poached Salmon with Lima Beans and Green Goddess Dressing
A relaxing meal made without turning on the oven (although you do use the stove) is just right for a warm summer night.
Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
Yield Serves 4
- 1 small sliced onion
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 chopped stalk celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- Green Goddess Dressing (http://www.marthastewart.com/282006/green-goddess-dressing)
- In a 10-inch skillet, combine onion, carrot, celery, bay leaves, black peppercorns, and dry white wine. Add enough water to come 1 1/2 inches up side of skillet.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper; place in skillet. Cover; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand until fillets are opaque, 8 to 12 minutes. Serve warm or chilled with Green Goddess Dressing
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.