This recipe for black-and-white triangles can be found in Season's Eatings along with Basic Shortbread,
Chocolate-Glazed Shortbread Fingers,
Lemon-Poppy Seed Glazed Balls, and Candied Ginger Shortbread Wedges.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2000
Yield Makes 2 dozen triangles
- 2 batches Basic Shortbread (http://www.marthastewart.com/283387/basic-shortbread)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Prepare 2 batches of basic shortbread, one plain and one chocolate; for chocolate, sift cocoa powder with the flour and salt.
- Form each dough into a disk; wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour (or overnight). Roll out plain dough to 1/4-inch thickness; roll out chocolate dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Place plain dough on top of chocolate dough. Cut into 1 1/2-by-3-inch triangles; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Bake on a cookie sheet until firm and just starting to color, 20 to 25 minutes. Cookies will keep, in an airtight container, at room temperature for 2 weeks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.