Halibut with Lemon Sauce
Martha Stewart Living, May 1999
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 halibut fillets or other firm white fish (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into thirds
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, sugar, salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and dill. Place fillets in a shallow, nonreactive container. Cover with lemon-dill marinade, and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Remove fish from container; set marinade aside. Heat a large saute pan coated with olive oil. Saute fillets until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat; transfer fillets to a platter. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Turn heat to high; add reserved marinade. When it bubbles and browns, add remaining lemon juice. Cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to low. Add butter, swirling pan to melt. Remove pan from heat. Pour sauce over fillets, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.