Grilled Zucchini and Squash
Widely used in Mediterranean cooking, basil is aromatic and slightly pungent. Basil's delicate leaves are best used raw or added at the end of the cooking process.
- 2 zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2 yellow squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat grill to medium. Slice zucchini and squash 1/2 inch thick diagonally. Quarter bell peppers.
- In a large bowl, toss vegetables with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables until tender, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Return vegetables to bowl; toss with basil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.