Grilled Peppers and Goat Cheese Salad
Martha Stewart Living, July Summer 2003
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
Yield Serves 4
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces aged goat cheese
- 1 small head lettuce, such as red leaf or Bibb
- Heat grill to high. Roast red peppers on grill until charred, turning as each side blackens. Transfer to a large bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Using paper towels, peel off blackened skin.
- Lay peppers flat on a clean work surface. Using a sharp paring knife, cut open peppers and remove seeds and ribs. Slice into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Slice goat cheese into four pieces, and place directly on grill. Heat, covered, until cheese starts to soften and melt. Remove from grill.
- Place one piece on each serving plate. Arrange lettuce leaves next to cheese on each plate. Drizzle greens and cheese with remaining tablespoon oil; season lightly with salt and black pepper. Divide reserved peppers among plates; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.