- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small head green cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds), quartered, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces (8 cups)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each), skinned
- Garnish: dill sprigs
- Heat water and butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Add cabbage, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and steam, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in dill.
- Season halibut on both sides with salt and pepper. Arrange fish on top of cabbage in a single layer. Cover, and steam until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Season with pepper. Garnish with dill.
On "The Martha Stewart Show," Martha serves this recipe with sliced red onion and blood orange segments