Who can resist an attractive assortment of freshly baked holiday cookies? Set some out with a tall glass of cold milk and tempt Santa.
Everyday Food, December 2008
- 1/2 recipe All-in-One Cookie Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/281184/all-in-one-cookie-dough)
- <a href="/article/cookie-toppings">Desired topping</a>
- On a large piece of parchment or waxed paper, gently form 1/2 recipe all-in-one cookie dough into an 8-inch log.
- Fold one short end of paper over log; wedge a baking sheet against log. Holding other end of paper at an angle, push baking sheet against log while pulling on paper, creating a smooth, compact log.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Gently roll log in desired topping to coat; wrap in parchment. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Unwrap log, and place on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Place rounds on parchment-lined baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Bake until pale golden, 13 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.