This recipe is used to create our Peppermint House.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping-quality pasteurized egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon water if needed
- Beat sugar, whites, and cream of tartar with a mixer on low speed until combined, about 3 minutes. Increase speed to high, and beat until thick and glossy, 7 to 10 minutes. Use immediately, or cover and let stand until ready to use, up to 2 days. If glue thickens, mix in the water to loosen.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.