Chocolate Macaroon Crust
Martha Stewart Living, February 2003
- Yield Makes one 9-inch crust
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine chocolate, butter, sugar, coconut, and salt. Using your hands, mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into bottom and all the way up sides of prepared pie
plate. Bake until firm but not yet browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Crust can be made up to 2 days ahead, and refrigerated, covered with plastic wrap.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.