Shrimp and Vegetables with Garlic Mayonnaise
In this dish, the garlic mayonnaise is served alongside instead of being drizzled on top beforehand; you can spoon some over the top of your salad or use it as a dip.
Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- Prep Time 45 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 pound large red potatoes
- 3/4 pound carrots, cut into sticks
- 3/4 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Make aioli: In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and paprika. Set aside.
- In large saucepan, cover potatoes with salted water. Bring to a simmer; cook, partially covered, until fork-tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain, and quarter.
- In a medium saucepan, cover carrots with salted water. Bring to a simmer; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon. Cook beans in the water until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to plate. Cook shrimp until pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain.
- Divide the aioli among 4 bowls. Arrange eggs, vegetables, and shrimp on plates. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm, with the aioli on the side.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.