Beach Bucket Centerpieces
Turn kids' metal beach buckets into custom centerpieces by painting them in the wedding colors.
Martha Stewart Weddings, 1998
- Sand and prime each bucket, then coat with water-based enamel; let dry overnight.
- For stripes, tape off a pattern, paint exposed areas in a contrasting color, and remove the tape while the paint is still wet.
- For a table number, tape on a stencil (available at art-supply stores), use a pencil to outline the number, then remove the stencil, and paint.
- Use pails as planters for small trees with hydrangea petals scattered over the soil, or as vases for flowers, such as these dahlias.
- Kids' metal beach buckets
- Water-based enamel paint
- Masking tape
- Number stencils
- Small trees with soil, or flowers
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.