Greeting-Card Advent Calendar
Photography: Charles Schiller
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 2001
- Enlarge template by 200 percent; repeat. Trace outline on two sheets of heavy card stock to use as the front and back "walls."
- Mark position of door and window shutters with a pencil.
- Cut slits for door and shutters; number shutters randomly. Place images from old greeting cards behind each opening; adhere with a glue stick.
- Edge roof, chimney, and foundation with red paper; add gold trim.
- Glue ribbon loop between boards, to use as hanger, before gluing back to the front.
- Advent calendar template
- Card stock
- Old greeting cards
- Glue stick
- Red paper
- Gold trim
Open a numbered window for each December day before Christmas. On Christmas Day, open the front door.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.